QUICK HOLIDAY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
A healthy quick holiday soup that the entire family will love!
Author: Carey | World of Pastabilities
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 35 mins
Yield: 6 1x
Ingredients SCALE 1X2X3X
- 1 1/2 cups Christmas Tree Pasta (or any other short shape!)
- 2–3 cups shredded or diced chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 T. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 2 stalks celery, chopped 3 carrots, sliced 4 cans chicken broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 can vegetable broth (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 t. dried basil
- 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese for garnish
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery, and carrots for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Add broths, chicken, seasonings, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and simmer for an additional 8 minutes. When pasta is al dente the soup is ready to serve! notes Leftover soup may require additional broth. Pasta tends to absorb liquid!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @mychristmascrate and @worldofpastabilities on Instagram and hashtag it #worldofpastabilities